Resident Assistant Job Description:
Must be 18 years of age or older for the resident assistant position.
Renders non-professional care to facility residents, including helping with meals, assisting in maintaining a physical, social, and psychological environment which is conducive to the best interests and welfare of the residents.
Resident Assistant Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Duties:
- Reviews daily work assignment. Answers resident and staff requests diligently and promptly.
- Roam the facility frequently to provide assistance and services to all residents.
- Administers medications per order and policy as well as takes vital signs and provides nourishments per policy and/or direction of the Delegating Nurse.
- Re-orders medications per policy.
- Assists residents, if needed, to dress themselves.
- Assists residents, if needed, with bathing and showering.
- Assists with serving of meals, and services related to the dining service
- If requested, assists in escorting residents to and from dining room.
- Follows all safety precautions in caring for residents.
- Immediately reports any change in resident’s behavior or medical condition, including falls and accidents, to the Delegating Nurse.
- Uses Universal Precautions in resident care policies.
- Encourages residents to participate in recreation and activities.
- Uses care in use of supplies and equipment. Reports equipment needing repairs to the maintenance staff.
- Assists visitors and relatives.
- Attends inservice training classes and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Specific Skills, Knowledge and Training Required:
- Medication Technician Certification and other certifications as required by law.
- Red Cross or equivalent first aid certification, including CPR.
- Experience required at the discretion of the Executive Director
- Good hospitality skills.
Reports to the Delegating Nurse and Executive Director